The Gospel Faith Mission International, the Church with the Word for the World, founded on the Solid Rock by God, through a small group of committed men and women led by the late Pastor (Dr) R. A. George at Iwaya, Yaba Lagos, has transformed into a divine legacy that has today assumed a global dimension.
It all began with Brother Reuben Akinwalere George (later Pastor (Dr) R. A. George), a member of the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) and a dynamic leader of the Christ Army Band of the CAC then at 83, Lagos Street, Ebute-Metta, Lagos, who had always felt a deep conviction of the call of God on his life. Thus in 1956, there started first as a Fellowship and Bible Study Group led by Brother R.A.George at his residence at No 9, Omotola Street, Iwaya Yaba, Lagos. The fellowship group then included the late Sister Dupe George, Brothers David Akinremi, Meshack Akinola, Iwaku J. Bagere, Daniel Aluko, Olusegun George, Elijah Oludele Abina, and Elkanah Obideyi. The other members of the group were Brothers Solomon Kudoro, Richard Godonu Akapo, one Mrs. Dorcas Adeyemi, Sisters Mary Kudoro, Felicia Akinremi (later Felicia Abina), Janet Oke, Dupe Oju (later Dupe Akapo), among others.